Tag Archives: New York

20,000 Miles Later

With the busy portion of the 2010-2011 application season now in the past, giving way to its plodding end, there hasn’t been much to update on the business school front. Instead, I went on vacation for a few weeks and … Continue reading

Posted in B-School Applications, Waiting Game | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Preview Weekend at NYU Stern

This past weekend, I attended NYU Stern’s admitted student weekend. Unlike most other schools it seems, NYU Stern held a combined admitted student weekend for both Round 1 and Round 2 admitted applicants, instead of a separate weekend for each. … Continue reading

Posted in Evaluating MBA Programs, Stay or Go | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Buying More Time

I recently submitted the $2,000 deposit for a seat in NYU Stern’s Class of 2013. For the students who have already decided to matriculate at one school or another, making a seat deposit may be a mere formality. But, for … Continue reading

Posted in Stay or Go | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Days Like These

On sunny days like today, there’s no greater feeling than rolling down your window as you drive around, feeling the breeze against your warm face and letting any worries dissipate into your peripheral vision. Against this idyllic backdrop, it’s easy … Continue reading

Posted in Stay or Go | Tagged , , , , , , | 5 Comments

Looking Ahead

“As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.” -Kodos from The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror VII

Posted in B-School Applications, Stay or Go | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Ask, and You Shall Receive

In my previous post yesterday, I talked about valuing certainty at a premium, once you get to the point in the business school application process where you have gotten into at least one school you want to attend. Well, I … Continue reading

Posted in B-School Applications, Status Updates | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 8 Comments

Warming Up to the Idea

It’s two weeks until the deadline for Chicago Booth to release its Round 2 admissions decisions, but I’m trying not to worry about something that I no longer have any control over. The advice about not increasing the troubles of … Continue reading

Posted in Evaluating MBA Programs, Stay or Go, Why an MBA? | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments